This article, and the video tutorial below, are specifically aimed at personalizers (Turtl users with a personalizer license). Personalizers can customize Docs that have already been created by another member of their team. This is done by filling out or selecting predefined fields within the Doc. Personalizers can also share this material with end users, analyze who is engaging and how they’re engaging with this content, as well as manage the Docs going forwards using the reader data and insights.
Watch this 13-minute video with Lucy who’ll talk you through everything you need to know about personalizing Docs.
How to personalize a Turtl Doc?
To personalize the content with internal form, follow these steps:
1. Click on the ‘Personalize’ button. You can access it via the Docs list or from the Doc itself.
2. A form will appear on the right-hand side of the screen.
3. The form's fields are predetermined by the content creators. Please speak to your content team if you require any changes to the form.
4. Fill out the form.
5. Hit "Build Content" to generate a personalized version of the Turtl Doc.
How to share a personalized Doc?
Once you've personalized your content, you can easily share it with your audience using Turtl's features.
Share via email
Use the ‘Copy for email’ button to generate a custom interactive hyperlink GIF.
Paste the GIF into your email for an engaging communication.
Read this article for more information on sharing via email.
Share on social media or through instant messaging
Share the personalized version via a URL, which you can copy and share on social media or instant messaging.
How to analyze a personalized Doc?
Turtl provides insightful analytics for your personalized content in many different ways - here is where you can access analytics data:
3. You can also access personalization analytics via My personalizations list. The action button called Analytics takes you directly to the analytics for that specific personalized Doc.
4. Another way to access analytics is through Turtl dashboard, by clicking on ‘Analytics’ in the sidebar.
This will take you to the team dashboard, where you’ll have access to all analytics you have access to.
This is where you can see your most read personalizations for this Doc, with the most read at the top.
How to manage personalizations
Personalized content can be managed in the following ways:
Access recent personalizations on the Homepage.
Use the search bar and filters in the ‘My Personalizations’ section to find specific content.
3. Edit existing personalized content to make tweaks or changes via personalized Doc or from ‘My Personalizations’ list.
Protected by US patents.