Note: Personalization is available only to customers with this feature enabled. If you’re interested in setting up personalization on your account, reach out to your CSM or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
A personalized Turtl Doc can be created for two reasons:
1. You want your readers to be served already personalized content (Self-Serve)
2. You would like your readers to be able to personalize (choose) their own content. (Public Personalization)
The first would include use cases like sales proposals or recruitment packs, whereby the sender is choosing the right content for the reader, and by personalizing it through Turtl, this saves them time and resources.
The second would include thought leadership pieces or product brochures, whereby you are not only allowing the reader to choose what interests them but gain insight on what their interests are simultaneously through lead generation and intent data.
We give you this option when you have finished editing your Turtl Doc and are ready to publish; you can control who has access and who can personalize your Doc at this point.
In the editor, under the “Design” tab, click on the publish button on the top right-hand corner.
Turtl will automatically generate your Turtl Doc name, a custom URL, and pull the first paragraph from your content to pre-fill your description, ensuring it's SEO friendly.
Click the next button to set the access settings for the Turtl Doc. Find out about each access setting in our article here.
The next step will allow you to set who can personalize your Doc from the following options:
1. Off (default) - Personalization will be turned off for your Doc so no one will be able to Personalize your Doc.
2. People at my company - Only those in your organization can personalize the Doc with Full Licenses or are Personalizers.
3. Anyone - Anyone can personalize the Doc when they read it. It will show the personalization form on the cover and can't be read without personalizing first.
Finally, click “Save and publish” to publish your Doc and you can view it as a reader or share with your readers.
Read more on Personalization: