As standard, Turtl provides you with your own domain for all of the Stories you create with us. These will always end in turtl.co (for example, mycompany.turtl.co) and are a great way to feature your company name in all of your Turtl links.
However, it is possible to configure Turtl to use a different domain (for example, content.mycompany.com) so that no reference to Turtl is visible in your links. This provides an additional level of branding for you and ensures that any PageRank benefits arising from your Stories are properly attributed to your company domain name.
Please note that there is a £50 / month additional charge for this feature.
Follow the steps below to start using your custom domain with Turtl.
- Choose your domain name. You'll need to have a conversation internally about the name you want to use, but it will need to be a subdomain of your existing website. For example, you could have content.mycompany.com, stories.mycompany.com or learn.mycompany.com.
- Find the person or department in your company who deals with DNS and / or networks. They will need to check that the name you selected in step 1 is available and that they are able to create CNAME and TXT records for you.
- Notify Turtl of your selected domain name via firstname.lastname@example.org
- You will be sent a special verification code with instructions. This must be added to your DNS to verify ownership of the domain. Pass the instruction on to your friendly IT colleague from step 2 and let us know when the verification code has been added.
- Once verification is passed, we will send another token to be added to your DNS. Again, pass this to your friendly IT colleague and let us know when they have completed the instructions.
- All done! You will now be able access your Stories via your custom domain.