There are a number of different ways you can use the image widget to edit Immerse images so that they fit your content and look great.
Cropping an Immerse image
You can quickly crop an Immerse image within the Turtl editor. Not happy with the result? Don't worry you can re-crop the original image as many times as you need.
1. Move your mouse over your image until the formatting icons appear above. Select the Crop icon:
2. Position the highlighted window over the image to your chosen position. Once you are happy press Crop and the image will be cropped to your selection:
Note: You can resize the window by dragging the sides or corners of the box. You can also see how your chosen selection will look in the preview window.
3. If you want to recrop the image again, just press crop icon again and repeat the steps above.
Moving your image
1. Move your mouse over your image until the formatting icons appear above. Select the move icon so that your mouse arrow turns to a hand.
2. Drag the image positioning line to where you would like to move your image to and release.
Adding a caption to your image
1. Move your mouse over your image until the editing icons appear at the top. Select the settings icon.
2. Select the Caption Tab and write your caption in the text box.
3. You can choose how to align your caption text under the image using the dropdown.
Formatting your caption
You can use markdown symbols * or _ to style your captions as bold or italic text.
For Italics - insert one asterisks (*) or one underscore (_) either side of the word/s you would like to italicise
For bold - insert two asterisks (**) or two underscores (__) either side of the word/s you would like to bold
For example, in the following sentence the word 'my' will appear in italics and 'caption' in bold:
Here is *my* image **caption**
Note: The style of the bold and italic text within the captions can be customised as part of your branding.
Updating your image interaction settings
By default, your Immerse image is static within your document, but you have the option to enable the following when a reader clicks on the image:
- Follows a URL Link
- Launches a pre-populated email
- Links to a surf page within the story
To enable any of the above, move your curser over the image until the formatting icons appear. Select settings.
Then select the interactions tab
Enabling/disabling image zoom
To enable or disable image zooming, simply toggle the zoom option on or off. Please note that when zoom is enabled, any link options will automatically be disabled as the image cannot zoom and follow a link upon a reader's click.
Enabling an image link
Select which type of link you require from the dropdown.
When a reader selects your image they will be directed to the hyperlink in a new tab
- Select URL from the dropdown
- Insert your hyperlink into the box.
When a reader selects your image, their email client will be launched with a pre-populated email
- Select email from the dropdown
- Populate the email fields that you require
• Linking to a surf page
When the user clicks on your image they will be redirected to the selected surf page within the content