In this article, we'll walk through replacing Turtl's native lead capture form with an Act-On form, which will allow you to capture sign-ups from your Turtl Docs straight into Act-On. Let's get started!
Your embedded form will still work without this integration, however your leads will only be located in Act-On.
1. Create and save your Act-On form.
2. Under "Response Page", select “Rich text” from the redirect drop-down menu.
3. Select "Embed" and click on “New Landing page”. You'll now be taken to the landing page section.
5. Paste in the Turtl script below. Then, save and close your form.
6. Under the left-hand menu, select "Landing Pages". Choose your landing page from the list and select “Get Public URLs” from the drop-down menu.
7. Copy the form's public URL.
This is the URL where your form is hosted. We'll use this URL to embed the form into your Turtl Docs next.
8. In Turtl, open the settings for your chosen Doc. Under the "Forms" tab, paste the form URL into your chosen field.
Default form URL - This URL will be used for both Immerse and back cover forms unless the back cover form URL is also set.
Cover form URL - This URL can be used to add a form on the very first Surf page of your content. Readers will not be able to read or navigate past the first page without entering their details.
Back cover form URL - This can be used to set a different form for the back cover. If this is left blank, the form set as "Default form URL" will be used on the back cover.
9. All done!